1. TIME AND PLACE
- Date: September 15th, 2019
- Meet @ Start 0845
- Road closes 0915
- Start 0930
- Start Location: Price Chopper Plaza, Gt Barrington.
2. BIKE RACE
The fastest rider will get through the 27-mile course in 1:05 while the slowest may be 2½ hours. Support can be in the form of tools/ minor repairs, first aid reporting to include transport of bike and rider.
3. COURSE DESCRIPTION
The Bike Course pre-start location is in a shopping plaza among parked cars. The start is on Route 7 by McDonalds.
The course goes through Gt Barrington’s Main Street before turning right on Taconic Ave towards Alford and northbound on a moderately hilly tertiary road-course.
Just south of the Mass Pike the course turns right (East) on Route 102 towards Stockbridge.
In the center of Stockbridge, the course turns left (North) on Pine Street and continues on Prospect Hill rd.
As the last bikes arrive the Stockbridge Bowl area, the Bike and Running Course will share the road, but in opposite directions.
3.1. COURSE WARNING
The road course is open for general use. Additionally, event motorcycles are also roaming the route.
The SAG group will have 2 levels of coordination:
- Race HQ with SAG Coordinator (Knut), and
- SAG Group Internal within the group
5. VEHICLE SIGNAGE
- JoshB will provide magnetic sign for vehicles, and
- Fluorescent Green front window decal to show “on course” vehicle.
The hilly portion from Gt Barrington to West Stockbridge has very spotty cell phone service.
6.1. COMM SYSTEMS
- TANGLEWOOD TO SAG COORDINATOR
- Cell Phone / Text
- Amateur Radio
- SAG GROUP INTERNAL COMMUNICATION
- Digital Business Band Radios
- Cell Phone/Text (backup)
7. SAG GROUP MEMBERS
|Function / Location||Name||PRI COMM||CELL / Email||Notes|
|Lucy||CELL / Text /
APRS = N1ATP
|3||SAG Roam & Transport
|Bob & Rhonda||Registered Nurse / First Aid|
|4||SAG Roam & Transport
|5||Bike Repair/Berks Bike & Board N1ATP-6||Steffen|
8. SUPPORT AND GEAR (SAG) OBJECTIVES
- Observe and Call-In Medical Problems!
- Via SAG Coordinator to RACE HQ, or
- Can call 911 direct, then follow up via SAG Coordinator
- Report Dropouts (bib number) to race command via SAG Coordinator.
- Roam Course
- Bike Support
- Coordination with Bike Repair Van
- Transport Broken Bikes & Rider to Exchange / Tanglewood
9. SAG TEAM PATTERN
No vehicle will ever be in the “correct position” by design. However, between sweeping and communicating, the team will get the closest resource to the needing party.
9.1. INITIAL TEAM CONFIGURATION
- The SAG Team will meet at START by 0845.
- One vehicle will follow the pack (Bob?).
- One vehicle will pre-sposition to Alford E RD & W Center Rd (Peter?)
- Knut will prepsoition at the bridge on E Rd in Alford. When tail passes Bard College, Knut will move on.
9.2. SAG TEAM FLEXIBILITY
The key to this team is adaptation by direct and frequent communication.
By moving strategically along the course, response time is reduced. By having 2 transport vehicles, transports to exchange area does not leave a void on the course.
It is easier and safer to move opposite of the race since this allows better view rather than passing the racers from behind.
Each of the SAG Vehicles will carry bottled water.